What to expect
I particularly enjoy the remedial aspect of massage work and my treatments are usually a blend of deep tissue massage, soft tissue release or positional release techniques, myofascial release and various stretching modalities. My approach adapts to the specific needs of my clients by giving a little of what they want and some of what they need! I enjoy restoring balance and agility to the pregnant body, even if to you it feels heavy and ready to pop 🙂
I believe that the body and mind are closely interconnected and one influences the other – you only have to observe how your shoulders climb up to your ears when you are under stress to see what I mean! With this in mind, I enjoy adapting my techniques to match not only the physical need, but also the mental state of my client.
BTEC Diploma Level 4 in Sport & Remedial Massage Therapy from the London School of Sport Massage
Continual Professional Development
- Anatomy Review on Cadavers, Imperial College London: (1) shoulder, arm thoracic outlet syndrome & brachial plexus; (2) the axial skeleton, diaphragm and upper cross syndrome; (3) muscles and vertebrae of the spine, the SI joint, root nerves: understanding the origin of many common pains.
- First Aid for Sport
- Connective Tissue Massage & Positional Release Technique (Blue Chip Massage)
- Massage in Pregnancy (Quantum Metta; Carole Osborne)
- Deep Tissue Massage & Myofascial Techniques (Art Riggs)
- Active Isolated Stretching & Strengthening (Aaron Mattes)
- Myofascial Release Techniques (Alex Fugallo)
- Functional Fascial Taping (The Ron Alexander technique)
- Spinal Manipulation (OMT Training)
- Medical acupuncture (OMT Training)
- Somatic Exercise Coaching (Align Somatics)
I am an avid mountain biker and skier, reluctant long-distance runner, self-confessed yoga addict and a Street Gym fan! I feel most comfortable in and under water, ideally in the tropical sunshine with a scuba tank fixed to my back.